Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A breath of fresh air

Well, things were looking down. Our hearts were breaking and we saw no real glimmer of hope. But God is good! ALL THE TIME! It's hard to remember that sometimes. It is hard to remember it with our hearts, when all around us our head is telling us to give up hope.

Last night someone made a offer to buy our house. We should be accepting the contract in the next hour or so. That is such a huge answer to prayer. Last night I also had my interview with the church in Beloit, Kansas. I really think that it went well. I am currently their top canidate, and I hope it stays that way. They are going to be contacting my references sometime this week, too.

On top of that, I just filled out an application for a church in St. Louis. It also sounds like it couuld be a great oppertunity. And I would love to live in St. Louis. I hear they have some big metal structure there.

Well, thank you all for your prayers. God is at work. I know that. I did know that yesterday morning as well, but the stress seemed to be muddleing it up for me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always glad to pray for you, Dawn & Lucy! So glad things are looking up. God is always in control!

Peggy

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tough days make us better in the long run. Life is good!

Michael

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DIG IT... there's a Sonic in Beloit Kansas!!! Hmmmm... Beloit or St. Louis, Beloit or St. Louis, Beloit or St. Louis???

10:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I'm so proud of you!!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I was just in a meeting with some of my co-workers. One of them lives near Crestwood MO. and he says it's a great place to work and live! There's probably a Sonic there too!

Love,

D-O

2:56 PM  
Blogger a said...

Have you smelled the air in St. Louis? Seriously...think about Beloit, KS.

Just kidding, y'all.

Breathe in that fresh air and know that we all want you to be happy and settled in God's will. If you happen to move closer to Auntie Missa and Uncle Adam, we won't complain a bit.

And if you don't move to closer to us, I can't promise that I won't complain, but I promise that the three of you won't hear a word of it...as long as you're where God wants you to be.

Love to all three!
A & M
(Go Longhorns!)

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home