Thursday, October 19, 2006

Homeless, jobless, but looking for adventure!

I think I worked myself too hard today. I was doing yard work, meaning mowing, raking, and planting more grass seed. I think that the grass will look great once it all takes root (no pun intended, just coincidence). It's crazy though. It'll finally look good, and we will be out of here. I can't believe we actaully have a buyer for our house. That is exciting. It was crazy though. Today while I was working on the yard, another person came up to me and told me that they were wanting to put an offer on our house. To quote our realtor, "When it rains, it pours."

Well, I wanted to give people an update on the job front. I know that many people are praying for us. We are so thankful, and it is exciting to see how our prayers will be answered. God is good... ALL THE TIME.

Well, there are a few positions that we did not get. Today I received a letter from a church, Skokie Valley, telling me that they were not moving forward with me. They can be so polite sometime. I am fine with it, but am uncertain how that came about. When I talked with a search committee member a few weeks ago things went really well. But then I heard nothing until today's post arrived at our home. Well, I think it is all for the best. My biggest concern about this church was our financial survival. It was in one of the wealthiest areas of Chicago. It's all good.

I also received a rejection e-mail from Orchard Park Presbyterian Church. I had an interview with them over three weeks ago. They told me they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks. I received an e-mail yesterday. As I have said before, someday I am gonna write all about how I think churches should go about hiring people. Stay tuned...

Well, it has not all been bad new. I have had two interviews this week, and one more set up for Sunday. So, who knows?

Monday's interview was with the church in Beloit, Kansas. I think that want really well. One of the really great things that I learned in this interview process is that this church in pursuing one candidate at a time. They said that if they liked me that they would begin to contact my references and then get back to me. Well, I heard that they have contacted at least one reference. So, that should be really cool.

Today's interview came out of German Valley, Illinois. It was a really good interview. I really thought I did a great job presenting myself. This church has been moving slow, so who knows. Is that a bad sign, or a sign that they think things through. I am not sure.

Sunday's interview is with First Baptist Church in Harlan, Iowa. I don't know how this one will go. Honestly, I think I may have just sent them a resume, and no application. This may mean we have an interview, then they send me an application. I can't keep track of how things work at all these churches.

A few days ago, maybe Tuesday, I got a call from Heartland Baptist church in Sioux City, Iowa. They said they were impressed with me and will be sending me an application this week. Sioux City, huh? Could be good.

I have also filled out an application this week for Crestwood Christian Church. The big up side is that this church is in St. Louis. I love St. Louis. We will see how this one also plays out.

Well, there is much to consider. There are many possibilities. Who knows where God will be sending us. I am looking forward to seeing how God will play this whole thing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home